History

1952

Charlie Pieraccini

Charlie’s café first opened in 1952 after Charlie Pieraccini won the concession to run an establishment by the new Inverness bus station.

50’s – 60’s

In the 50’s & 60’s it was THE place to go in Inverness, where you could listen to all the latest hits on the towns very first jukebox whilst enjoying a Coca Cola.
Charlie’s has been enjoyed by generations of families over the decades and holds many dear memories for many people and will continue to do so for locals and visitors alike in the years to come.

1994 – 2004

Charlie JR

It was then run by his son Charlie JR until 1994 when it passed to his nephew Martin, who in 2004, with the help of his father and uncle, demolished the old building and built the new modern premises that stand today.

2023

Chris Corbett

With no children of his own, in February 2023 Martin decided to sell the business to Chris Corbett, another well-known family name in Inverness.